View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 04:05 AM   #7
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiesmom_2007 View Post
Thanks Melissa I think I am just going to order it. I had the esbilac with the last litter but it was brought to my attention by a friend that it was causing problems in young animals so I threw it out. So I want to use something that I know works and I really like the convenience of the powder. So I think it's a good choice for me. The nurture mate I am going to give it a try.

Chattiesmom, I wish I could get a goat. I'm not sure if they'd allow one in the burbs. Heck it will help cut down on mowing the grass though. lol
The canned goat's milk is what is advised to use by my repro vet, as it's the closest to mother's milk. Mixed with equal parts of distilled water with a bit of Karo and given at room temperature.

You're right about any commercial mother's replacement milk. Esbilac has been discovered to contain copper...leading to cause shunt in pups. Just Born leads to premature cataracs.

What you may want to do is order colostrum, just in case one of your pups does not take to nursing readily. Also, ask your vet if he can supply you with ringers for Sub-Qing.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!