View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 10:42 PM   #1
FatPorky
Yorkie Talker

Default Erect Ears: when, how, and how long to tape

Hello everyone! I was wondering if you can give me some advice. I was wondering how long should I wait till I start taping my yorkie's ear? Right now he is about 14.5 weeks old. I am kind of worried because I started to tape his ears and after one day the tape would come off due to him scratching it or the other puppies biting it. His ears would stand up for a day after and then fall back down. I have tried to used masking tape and duct tape over the masking tape to make it more secure, but even this even came off in 2 days. Due to the 2 days of taping, it's only been about 12 hours and only one ear stands up now and the other one is floppy. Should I just leave it alone and just see if it will go up naturally and then just tape it later on when he gets older? If so, how long should I wait and see if anything happens? Oh by the way, his ears are shaved. My other yorkie who is only one day older, her ears are erect after one day of taping and it's been up for about 2 weeks now. She has smaller ears than my male yorkie. Thank you for your time.
FatPorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!