View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 05:58 AM   #33
enchilila
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaly View Post
My first Yorkie, Jolie, had it in one leg. When she was younger, she would have problems with it when she did too much jumping. When it bothered her, she ran around on three legs, but surgery was not recommended for her. When I got the other three, we were probably overprotective, and we did everything we could to prevent the jumping. I also had their doctor check their knees often. I know how difficult it is to prevent a puppy from running and playing, so you do what you can to encourage her to use steps and ramps, when possible. I can already tell that Betty Boop is and will always be well taken care of by you. When Ashley got much older, she sometimes had minor problems, especially with some arthritis, but it was rare. She was still walking a couple of miles a day and would have walked more if I let her. I carried her a lot in the beginning and didn't let her walk much because I worried it might be too much for her heart and legs because of her age, but gradually she walked more and more and cried when I wouldn't let her.
Yeah, the dh and I tried our best to keep her from getting too excited and jumping and from jumping without using the steps, to no avail most of the time. She hurt it again last night because of running. I'm already walking stoop-shouldered from looking down all the time at her!!

Little Ashley sounds like she was a very independent little girl. I know you must have been so proud of her and miss her so much. It is just too hot right now to take my baby on walks, so I take her to stores. I just can't seem to get her socialized! The dh and I went to wine vineyards this weekend and one of them had a Yorkie and a Maltese. She didn't want ANYTHING to do with them and any of the people there. She was climbing my shoulders! Mamma's little baby! Anyway, I'm going to continue to watch Betty Boop and pray she will not have anymore problems.

"Betty Boop"
The light of my life & the joy of my living!
enchilila is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!