View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 12:03 PM   #2
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

I would definitely suggesting neutering. Once he mates, he will NOT be your little non humping, non marking boy anymore.... so you can forget about that. Besides he's not fully matured yet so a lot of unneutered males won't start those habits until they are older. Also, do you know his pedigree, have you done extensive health testing to make sure he's able to produce sound puppies? So your mom wants ONE little boy, what about the other puppies? Every single day, thousands of dogs are being put down, why add to the population? In my opinion, neutering would be in his benefit but of course it's your choice. I really just think more research should be done and realize you probably won't have 'your little boy' anymore. He will be wanting to mate and looking for a female in heat, they can smell them from miles away. I believe 80% of dogs that are hit by cars are unaltered males (because they ran off looking for a female in heat and escaped).

As for the teeth, yeah it's a common procedure! Jackson had 4 baby teeth removed and he was on pain meds after his neuter/tooth removal for 5days but I think he was eating crunchy food by the second day. If you're thinking you're ever going to get him neutered in the future, you might as well just do it now so he won't have to be put under twice. Having puppies should not be 'because you want to have one litter' or 'give a puppy to a family member'... those are some of the worst reasons to breed. I don't want to come off harsh and hope I am not, I just see far too often people coming here looking to breed their dogs and there's just no reason to. There's already plenty of reputable breeders who have put many years into breeding standard healthy Yorkies and we really don't need anymore breeders in my opinion. There is far too many homeless animals out there because of breedings such as this.

Last edited by Britster; 07-05-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!