View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 07:34 PM   #8
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Try the sink, or as DvlshAngel suggested, a smaller plastic basin in the tub.

I'm thinking biting may be a sign of true discomfort rather than fear or dislike. Make sure you don't have the water too hot (mine don't like the water as warm as I do for my shower). Test the water on the inside of your wrist.

Make sure the shampoo isn't burning your pup's eyes. I test everything in my own eyes. The so-called tearless I was using on my boy's head stung like crazy.

I also found that my oldest didn't like the sprayer near his face, so I use a measuring cup to pour water on his head.

Also make sure you aren't getting water in your pup's ears.

Be sure to let your pup think your are calm, relaxed, and happy about bath time. Try giving a massage first and while shampooing.
All great suggestions!
I just wanted to add, NO HUMAN SHAMPOOS. I know a lot of people swear by using baby shampoo or human conditioners, but I am hesitant to use it myself. Our human skin has a different pH level than our furbutts. Stick to dog/puppy shampoos they have the correct pH level and you don't have to second guess if your shampoo will irritate the skin. I really like Bio Groom and Yorkie Splash and Shine.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!