Thread: Sad puppy?
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 10:14 AM   #5
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by al3xmihai View Post
I'm not sure o_O. They told me to give him Royal Canine Junior Mini + canned food (I gave him some Hill's, can't remember name). Today the vet gave me Royal Canine Veterynry Diet (It says "RECOVERY" on it) for cats and dogs. He ate a bit at the vet but now he won't touch it. Also, he weights 700 grams ( convertor says 700 g = 1.54323 lb OR 1 lb and 8.69 oz).
The vet said he might be sick because of the night trip.
\\

He is very young and very light. His weight is very small. This means you need to be aware of and concerned with hypogyclemia. Get some Nutrical. This is a supplement. If not that then sugarey water. Make sure he has feedings every 3 hours or so. Even if only a tablespoon or so, better more than that, but at least a tablespoon.

Also as earlier person said, he is still very young, here we recommend pups don't go home prior 12wks old and 3 pounds.

When we got our boy he was 13 wks and just over 3lbs. He was so tiny to our eyes and hands. We were so worried. But he did well and is a thriving six pound boy.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!