View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 07:53 PM   #4
kionini
YT 500 Club Member

Sad Oh, boy, have I been there and

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUZYQ15 View Post
i have a 10mth yorkie named bella i just got her 2 wks ago she is the sweetest thing ever. the only problem is that she dosn't want to eat i've tried everything! she wont eat the food she came with, i also bought her the royal canin,she ate for a day but that was it. she will eat her snacks that she loves but to much snacks are bad for her. i also bought her the nutrical paste and nothing she walked away.she only ate when i fed her from my hand she will not eat from the bowl. i guess the previous owners would give her house food so that's all she wants. also i gave her plain yogurt and she ate a little. i'm really worried another concern i have is that she sleeps all day she only gets up when we go the kitchen. is that normal for them to sleep all day?

still am some days (it's getting better, though). I had the same problem with Nini, so I started giving her people food---big mistake, HUGE! She got so sick, the vet put her on meds. and she couldn't eat for 48 hours (just a table spoon of ID food at meal times). Then, I was to start her on her food slowly. Well, she came out of it eating anything on sight until she got so chunky, the vet told me to 'stop it' in not so few words. Now Nini eats, no problem with her.

Now, Nicky, different story . That putting the food out for 15, 20, 30 minutes game...he doesn't play that. If I try that trick, he'll make me suffer. He just won't eat, period (for a couple of days if I let it go that far ).
What has worked for me with him is "Blue" dry food with wet food, mixed and variations of the wet. Plus I have to grind the dry, (pieces are too big for them) mixed with the wet and made into little meatballs. I'm not kidding, if I don't make little meatballs, Nicky will push the entire thing on the floor and not eat it.
Sometimes, for some reason, he'll only eat if I play a game with him.
The moral of my story? Though I got lots of wonderful advice here, from the vets, nurses, neighbors and everyone who wanted to help me, I had do a trial and error type of thing. It's frustrating and scary when we think our babies are starving themselves, I know, I was almost in tears most of the time. Just try different things slowly, like introducing a new food in small portions. Because if your baby gets a tummy ache from an abrupt food introduction, then your baby will be afraid to eat again that happen to me because of my NEED for them to eat.
I hope you find what works for you soon
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!