View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 04:44 PM   #11
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDeDo View Post
Thanks, I assume that she really is a Biewer because they were selling her as a "breeder." I got registration papers with her and a pedigree. Of course, she was never bought for breeding, I just wanted her out of there. They didn't give a rats behind whether she went with papers or not...just handed them over. They could be incorrect paperwork or for a different dog, you never know, but according to what I have she is a purebred Biewer. I do see a lot of characteristics in her that are the same as my Biewers...I think she is just oversized. Some of the original Biewers imported from Germany were bigger, and since she is 5 years, it's very possible that she did come straight from Germany originally. Her rabies tag came from Oklahoma, and by what they told me, they purchased her for breeding but didn't have time to do it because of their kids something or another. Didn't really matter to me, I wasn't listening at that point...just wanting to get her and leave.
does her paper work or pedigree give any clues as to who the original breeder/owner was here in the US? since these people were looking to get rid of her and she was in such a horrible state i wouldn't think that they would spend the money to ship a dog from Germany. maybe you can track down her origins and see what kind of breeder the original owner was. they might want to know what happened to her. then again, they may not.

i'm just curious about her past since its rare to find biewers on CL, especially one so neglected. I am so glad you got her away from those people who obviously just wanted to get money for her and couldn't care less about who she went to or what she was used for. poor girl
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!