View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 08:37 AM   #5
hunniebunnie
Follower of Yorkietology

Diego...Bunjee just turned 10 weeks old yesterday.

YorkieRose...I guess I'm wondering if he's being confused. I live in a highrise so he won't make it all the way downstairs to potty if I take him out when he needs to go. So in that sense he is doing well in that he's doing what he's trained to do (although sometimes i wonder if he pees in the "right spot" because of the potty pad or if it's his favorite corner of the kitchen). his poo's however, just lands where-ever he feels like it. I'm just wondering how I can convince him that it's okay to go on the potty pad AND outside or at least whenever I say "go potty".

suzu1...i'll definitely try that, take the potty pad outdoors (along with 4 paper weights!!! haha) and see if that helps. Bunjee doesn't really let me know that he needs to go potty either. he's pretty much a lap dog, so when he's on my lap, he's relaxed until he needs to go, then he gets up and looks over the edge of my knee to get down, and that's my indication that he needs to go, as opposed to wanting to explore what's beyond my lap. meanwhile with crate training, sometimes it's hard to discern if he's whining to get out of the crate because he wants to go potty or because he wants to come out and play. I had the hardest time getting him to go outdoors for another attempt at potty last night. He does think it's too cold out and definitely wants to stay where it's warm!!!

and speaking of crates, a question for all of you, does your pups play with their toys in their crates. Bunjee still isn't going into his crate willingly. I have to trick him with food and toys. If I remove all other toys in the kitchen area where he's confined, and left only toys in the crate, he'll go in to get the toys and then take them out of the crate and play with it outside. if i close the gate on him and he's locked in the crate, he'll ignore his toys and after some whining, he'll just disappointedly lay down on his bedding with a "how could you lock me in" look on his puppy dog face. is this behavior normal? I'm wondering how I can make his crate a "fun place to hang" if he won't hangout in there unless the gate is closed?
hunniebunnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!