View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 06:07 PM   #7
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine View Post
You need a better Vet, yours doesn't know squat. Where abouts in Canada are you? I know breeders across Canada and could possibly find a better Vet for you that knows Yorkies and their problems. PM me if you wish.
Also did you contact the breeder you got her from the breeder might be able to help you.
i agree. plus allergy testing does not cost $1000, its more like a few hundred and even then there's no guarantee that you'll get results you can work with.

With the Z/D did you do a slow switch from old food to new food or did you just switch cold turkey? To do a food trial you have to make sure you are only giving them the new food and nothing else. no treats, snacks, people food, edible bones, etc. once you finish the slow switch over they get nothing but that new food. It can take 3 months for all the old food to go through their system and for you to see some good results with the new food.

There are also foods you can get in pet stores that may help. Natural Balance and Wellness make limited ingredient allergy foods that work well for some dogs. i don't know if they have these brands in Canada but if they do its worth looking into.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!