View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 07:02 AM   #1
edouble96
Yorkie Talker

Default is this a bladder infection or something more serious?

My vet diagnosed my yorkie with a bladder infection about a month ago. It was right after she was spayed and I noticed a few spots of blood on her puppy pad. She was on medication and it seemed to go away within a few days. About a week ago, she started something new. From the minute she gets up in the morning, she has the urge to go to the bathroom. She will run back and forth to the puppy pad between 6-12 times in a 2 minute time frame. She will go pee the first time and then just keep squatting excessively. The strange thing is that she can go the entire night (8 hours or more) without having the urge to go. But this will start the minute she gets up and continue off and on throughout the entire day. Other than this, she seems fine. She is eating, drinking and playing. The vet is not sure what is wrong with her but believes that it is another bladder infection. She has been on her medicine for 4 days and we have not seen any improvement. I am starting to get worried and I feel very bad for her. Has anyone seen this type of behavior in their yorkie? We had no problems before she was spayed which makes me think that something happened to her during the procedure. If anyone has any info, I would really appreciate it.
edouble96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!