View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 10:21 AM   #1
Garcy
Yorkie Talker

Default Help for my oldest dearest friend

I haven't visited YT for awhile so I hope someone remembers me. I lost two of my three furbabies four days apart about two yrs. ago, one a 10 year old norfolk terrier, and one a 4 yr. old shih-tzu. Norfolk with heart trouble and shih-tzu from AIHA. Now, I have my oldest and dearest yorkie, Jasper, (the last of the three amigos I sometimes call him) and I am worried about him. He has a good apetite and does not show lethargy, but has lost a lot of weight and has had intermittent diahrrhea for a year. I've had every test done on him short of putting him under and "scoping" him and some other test that's $800 and the vet can't find out what's going on. I am at my wit's end as I want him to be comfortable in his last years - he will be 13 in August. Any help or suggestions would be invaluable at this point. He is eating Iams mini chunks - diet has been changed a couple of times to no avail. Cannot tolerate any tablescraps or too many treats at all - just makes it worse. Sometimes mucus is found in stool, other times, just loose. Thanks again for any info/help. Desperate.
Garcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!