View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 05:28 PM   #54
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
And again I ask, where are these people? If there are 25 plus puppies on YorkieTalk that came from this same person in the past few years, where are they? Must not have anything good to say. I know if I was happy with a dog I had purchased and a negative review was posted on that dog\'s breeder, I would at least step up and say that my experience was a good one. It is just strange to me. I could dig all day, although it is quite easy since everything about this person\'s breeding program is out on the table all over this forum. Presumably as a good way to sell her pups here. Another thing I have noticed is that despite having no money, not only has this person admitted to her sire producing over 40 puppies, but has bred females who were either too young or too old. Of course, that is again another matter of opinion, but I have never seen anyone promote breeding of a 10 month old female, or a 6 year old female who should have been a pet only by that age. As for my proof, it sure doesn\'t take a genius to look at the dates of posts and do the math based on pedigrees and births of litters. It is all laid on the table for us to see. My biggest question is, how in the world has this person managed to slip through the cracks of this forum for so long? There is an awfully long list of reasons why she should be listed as \'unreputable\' based on the criteria given in the Breeders section of this forum. I for one am glad that the OP posted this thread. I think it has been a nice wake up call for many here. Remember that for every person that posts, there are 4 more who read and don\'t say anything. My acquaintance who purchased the dog from this breeder has pondered the idea of posting, but is afraid of any repercussions. I can\'t say that I blame her, but just know OP that you are not the only person who has had issues with this person and her lack of integrity.
You bring up valid points and questions.

My only answer to your question that I highlighted. Until just recently, YT members felt that if one was a member here, one protected another member no matter what and you still see some of that going on, but less and less. However, as members have become more educated on ethics, integrity, responsible breeding they are now stepping up to the plate.

Some call it bashing, other's understand the importance using the forum for education as well as a place to meet people and share their experiences with their dogs.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!