View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 04:04 PM   #3
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathys View Post
Wow, How long have you had the puppy? How old is it? My only advice is maybe to let them spend some time all alone, maybe playing with a favorite toy. Most pups love to chase and play tug of war, he could try something like that. He can also take the pup to a training class, this can be a bonding experience. Maybe if they do something on their own the pup will find out he's a safe person too. It's hard to say what the background of the pup was, maybe he is just not used to men. Give it time.
Good advice. Joey was a mama's boy for a long time. I was home with him all day, and I fed him and trained him. My husband started taking Joey for runs in the park, and also, on some fun errands. He holds his bully stick at night, when I'm on Yorkietalk, and gradually they have become great buddies. I think Joey sees me more of the food person, and the grooming person, and my husband more as his buddy. If you yorkie is still young, the most important thing your husband can do is not to scare him, and always make him feel safe, it will come in time.

Join today and remove this ad!