Thread: Fighting female
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 04:45 AM   #4
bellemarie
YT 500 Club Member

Default same here

i'm soo sorry this is happening to you! two of my girls had this problem... missy and kitty were got 6 months appart- missy mothered kitty from day 1 as she had her 1st season shortly after, but the season after she'd had a litter, missy started attacking kitty - it seemed completely unprovoked!
i cant offer any way to stop this though; i called out a dog behaviour expert who tried all her different methods to stop this- i then moved out with kitty, kuki and bambi and we now live with my gran and her babies!
i am going to start introducing missy and kitkat gradually over the next few months- they are fine on neutral territory- and when my mum isn't there... i have now realised it was pure jelousy. missy wasn't happy that mum loved her and kitty equally- especailly because she was in season.
i know that not everyone can simply move out with one dog- but if you take them to a park they have never visited before and make them run side by side on strained leads until they are really tired, then take them home and see what happens; after getting home do not make a fuss of either- or pick up both and talk to both at the same time... they can be very jelous little dogs!

i hope this is of some benefit to you- this is the process i'm going through at the moment.
if you find a method that works, other than this, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! i miss watching kitty and missy play!

all the best!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!