View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 08:12 PM   #1
gyesso
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default I took in a stray

I took in a Yorkie that was wondering around my parents home on Wednesday.(With no collar) They live down a dead end street with a few houses on it, he doesn't belong to anyone there.

I placed an ad in the newspaper, but no one has called about him. So I brought him to the vet today to have him checked out, he is between 6-8 years old, weighs 11.2 lbs, developing cataracts, numerous (small) sebaceous cysts and has a level 2 heart murmur. His back legs are not very strong and he can not jump up.

He tested neg. for diabetes and heart worms.(Thank God) I started him on Heart Guard and is on antibiotics just in case it is a heart valve infection.
He goes back in 2 weeks for a check up and if all is well he will be getting all of the needed vaccinations and scheduling his neutering.(Unless he is claimed by then)

He is a very good dog, very well behaved and trained. He has never barked for any reason or had an accident in the house. He was someone's pet and I can not believe no one misses him. I am thinking that he was dropped off because of his health problems.

I have named him San-Dee because he is blonde with a little grey. My two boys do not usually accept new dogs very easily, but they seem to like him already. They are all at the foot of the bed sleeping. I thought that my husband would have a fit, but he seems to love him also. He was in Houston when I told him that we had a house guest, which will probably be a new family member.

Please keep San-Dee in your thoughts and prayers.
gyesso is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!