View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 04:58 PM   #15
rbelland
Luving my babies
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
I have not been on here for quite awhile and just came across this thread. I know I may be frying myself in the oven posting this, but I am feeling particularly honest and like speaking my mind today, so I am going to post my feelings. This is a curious thread, because I have seen this breeder brag that she has sold many puppies on YorkieTalk, but yet no one has come to defend her. I have no beef with the breeder or the buyer, so this is merely an observation. I do, however, have an acquaintance who has had personal dealings with this breeder and was not happy. The dog that was purchased came to her in bad condition. I know this for a fact, this is not an exaggeration or idle gossip. I know many will request that I name this person and the dog that was purchased, but I will not because I do not feel right posting for someone else. Regardless, I felt I should mention that there are others with grievances. I wonder how many others have had not so good purchases from this breeder, on or off this forum? I noticed that other breeders who have sold puppies on YorkieTalk [with threads in this section] have many people to back up their good breeding practices. It was just odd to me that this breeder states in other posts how many of her puppies have been sold to YorkieTalk members, yet none have come to her rescue to dispute the statements made by the OP. I also went back and noticed that yes, in fact, there are some good reviews about this breeder within this section from over the past few years. However, I also noticed that all the threads were so curiously grouped together one after another, almost as if the buyers were asked to post by the breeder. Of course, that is merely an observation, and could be inaccurate. Just a thought. Now, on to the dispute in question. It does not make sense that the Buyer would block the address of the breeder. Something about that just seems........trivial? Especially from someone who was concerned about their dog and possibly working out a conclusion with the breeder. Something else noteworthy is that all of this is over the health concern of open fontanels in these dogs\' lines. While I feel this isn\'t the worst issue that a Yorkie line could contain, it is still worth mentioning and should be at the very least considered when choosing dogs for a breeding program. My concern would not be with a single tiny puppy who had a font issue, but with multiple dogs having it, I would certainly be suspicious and wary of future problems with more serious issues such as hydrocephalus. An open font is, in theory, a hole in the heat, is it not? That phrase just seems, I don\'t know.........scary. I also find it interesting that while the Breeder seems to note in this thread that an open font is not a serious concern, in a former post the Breeder expresses concern over this very same issue when someone else had the problem. This post was made back on 11-12-08 by Sugar\'s Mom: it is called an open fontanal and is a birth defect. usually, if it is the size of the tip of your little finger, it will gradually close up. if it is larger than that, it doesn\'t usually close and can lead to hydrocephalus which may result in death. You have to be very careful when caring for a puppy with this as any injury to the head can be fatal. if you find an open font in a puppy you have purchased, the breeder should be notified. Obviously it was a serious issue then, but it is not now. Interesting. My final note is this. I saw that it was mentioned that one of the puppies in question Gracie [Miss Thang] was sold at a reduced price due to her open fontanel that this breeder knew about from the beginning. According to her old threads, the puppy that she knew had an open font was originally at a hefty $2000 price tag and reduced to $1500 on page 4, just before it was closed and she was marked as sold to the YorkieTalk member. I also noticed that the member who purchased this puppy said nothing on this thread, despite having been on the forum in the last few days. I have to wonder if there is some kind of misunderstanding, possibly the breeder considers $1500 to be a reduced price? I don\'t. I find it admirable that the breeder returned the money for the one male, however, why the inconsistencies? Why did she not offer to return the money for the female mentioned on this thread? Oh, that\'s right, she did say it was because the OP bashed her after she blatantly lied to her about the issue in the lines. The breeder never disagreed or disputed that she in fact lied to the OP. So I suppose that part is true. She can make all the statements that she wants, but the fact remains: she lied to this buyer, who else will she lie to make a sell and keep her goose out of the fire? I have no ties to the OP or the breeder. I am not even an acquaintance of the OP, have never spoken to her. These are merely observations from an onlooker.
I wanted to say that Dee did offer to pay me back, but after having litters constantly she had no money then. I got tired of it and asked her to not contact me again.

That brings up another topic. A reputable breeder with a health guarentee would have held back money for the year (however long health guarentee is). I know some people have contracts that state they will only replace the puppy, but I would think if one had problems they would do the right thing. No matter what the contract states. Or maybe that is just me?

I saw the thread you are speaking of. I actually have it right in fron of me on paper.
I also have this POST - #12 #24
http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/bre...-fontanel.html
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!