Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 10:16 AM   #5
sferrini
YT Addict

bRown Rice, and actually somebody else suggested i cook it down more and add more water than what is called for.

Thank you, I will try that and see how that works. I am wondering if I did not cook the last batch long enough because he has been on the diet for two weeks and it's only been the last couple of days that I have seend it in his poop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Are you using white rice or brown? White would be a more simple carb for them to digest, but even with white, it may go through the system undigested. You can try cooking it longer, as more cooking can break down some of the chains...but this isn't really reliable in terms of predicting whether the dog will be able to break it down.

Dogs digestive systems are more efficient (than ours) at dealing with protein, than with carbs. Also, while humans release enzymes in their mouth as soon as a carb hits their mouth, dogs do not...so the digestion process of carbs, for dogs, is different in many ways.

You could try adding digestive enzymes, but this also isn't a guarantee of digestion. Also, you could try other carbs.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!