View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 09:19 AM   #1
mwcrumpton
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Unlove New Member BIG LOSS

My first post is not a happy one. Our 11 yr old teapot (20 pound) yorkie (Smokey) past away Sat. at 1:30. In one week time he went from normal to emergency vet last Sun. to our vet Mon. to University of Tennessee Teaching Vet School Tues. He got the best of care but it was not enough. We still do not know what caused his sudden and rapid decline, but we hope that in the next few weeks when all the reports come back we can find out and perhaps it will help some other yorkie. 11 years ago my wife called me to say she and the kids had found the most adorable yorkie puppy and wanted me to come and see him. Having had several dogs in the past that were larger I did not see myself having a yorkie, but as soon as I saw all 2 pounds soaking wet of him he won my heart. Over the next years Smokey proved to be the most loving, well mannered, dog I had ever seen. When I was sick with pnumonia and in bed for 2 weeks he did not leave my side. When my daughter had her wisdom teeth out he stayed right by her side. When everyone was healthy he took turns sleeping with my wife and I, my son, and my daughter. He was not a one person dog, he loved the whole family. Smokey's kennel owner once told me that if you have had several dogs one day you will find THAT DOG. The one that stands apart from the rest and the standard you put others up against. Smokey was THAT DOG to us as well as others. We hope to do something with Vet school in honor of Smokey that will help other dogs. They were wonderful with him. We were able to be with him that last time he fell asleep never wake up again so that the last thing he saw was his loving family. Thanks for letting me join, it helps to post this.
Rest in Peace Smokey 2/28/99 to 6/25/10
mwcrumpton is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!