View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 08:34 AM   #7
anniernc
YT 1000 Club Member

My Kady lived to be 16 1/2 yrs old. She had one eye removed when she was younger due to retinal cancer and the other removed several yrs later due to glacoma. About 10 months before I lost her she started turning around in circles and standing in the corners alot - the vet thought she had "doggie altzheimers" but the night we lost her she had started having seizures and we choose to end her suffering. The vet now thinks she had a brain tumor. I just wonder if the retinal cancer spread to her head. Other than that her little heart and other organs were healthy. My little Heidi would have been 18 yrs old if she had lived another 11 days. She had been in kidney failure and congestive heart failure for 3 1/2 yrs before I lost her but with treatment she gave me 3 1/2 more wonderful years to love her. I had to make the choice for her when the only way to get food in her was to force it but more than that she started acting like she was in pain. I think that both of my babies lived a longer than normal life for yorkies. I've read that the life span is about 15 yrs. I am just so thankful for the years that I had with both of them.
anniernc is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!