View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 05:48 AM   #2
TatumsMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

My first one was a rose on the inside of my leg towards the back above the ankle. I was 18 and it was my bachelorette party. Luckily it still looks really good and I don't regret the picture. If I'd been older, I would have researched more of what I wanted though. I did know though that the tattoo artist was one of the best in the city so I trusted him.

Second one was a couple weeks ago (I'm now 38) and it's my husband's name on the inside of my wrist. We got "branded" to celebrate our 20th anniversary. He got my name tattooed on his ring finger. It's beautiful. He also got one around his arm that incorporates our daughters' names and birthdates. It's like a tribal band but he drew it up himself. It's also beautiful and our girls love it.

I cringe when I hear of young girls making a decision to get a tattoo that they may regret later. Like I said, I was lucky that mine turned out very pretty and is still, 20 years later, looking very good. The guy who did my wrist offered to touch up the color for no charge but I kinda like it a little faded. The outline is still very nice although that's something you worry about - a small picture turning into a "blob".

Be sure to do tons of research on what you want and make sure your tattoo artist is truly a great artist.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!