View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 06:36 PM   #15
Mary4
Senior Yorkie Talker

Charlie is 5 months old and had his first grooming today. I was a wreck on how he'd be but he did great. (I think it would be worse if I stayed; he'd be trying to get at me the whole time.)

I wasn't sure on what kind of cut I wanted either. He's my first puppy and first Yorkie. I said I'd like a puppy cut, and she basically said what everyone here is saying, i.e., that it means something different to everyone. We chatted about it a few minutes.

Charlie hasn't been great about letting my daughter brush him and did have a couple of matted spots. So she did shave him. I have to say he looks gorgeous!!! (While his hair is so short, we're going to work on him with the brushing.) She did leave his face longer, like was suggested in another comment.

I also think he's way more comfortable since it's so hot. (He reminds me of when my boys were little and they'd get their "buzz cuts" for the summer. And he looks like a baby Yorkie again. I know 5 months is still a baby but he looks even more like a baby now.)

I wish I knew how to download pictures so I could show you how good he looks. (I really have to have one of the kids teach me!) I hope you'll do a before and after picture for us.

CruiserCody, what do you mean by sanitary?

Last edited by Mary4; 06-27-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Mary4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!