View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 03:44 PM   #7
mojo
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessizzy View Post
So the diper do help w keeping the bleeding getting all over? that's what I'll do... I know it will not keep other dogs aways..I can do that..She's always with me anyway..Yes she just went into heat today...And I thought there was i risk of having her fixed when she was already in heat...Do you know what those risks are? I have no idea..thanks
I did a *quick* google search and found this -
Q. What if my pet is in heat?

A. There are many reasons why a client may request to have their pet spayed during its heat cycle. Whatever the reason, it is possible to spay a pet when it is in heat. In some regards the surgery is easier. The ovaries and uterus typically are more engorged with more prominent blood vessels...in essence, its almost as if the tissues are yelling “here I am, take me out!” That being said, to minimize surgical complication risks, extra time is taken during an in-heat spay surgery. Consequently, due to this increased surgical time, there may be a small extra charge incurred for these patients.

That being said, these are small dogs and extra surgical time is probably not so good.
Most likely she will be out of heat before you go camping so you might just stick with your original plans.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!