View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 08:54 AM   #69
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckuz13 View Post
This has been going on for a looooong time. I have seen it when I was working for a Vet in California 24yrs ago. It's been 24 yrs. and I am so greatful that alot of people know what puppy mills are now but still far too many don't. Brokers,Back yard Breeders, Petstore's, the cute couple down the street..all have a hand in this. I still see people at the mall in the petshop..big smiles and no clue..or do they know and it just doesn't matter to them?? Sadly we are a "NOW" society..People do not want to wait..they don't want to do the homework..They want it now...I make it a point as often as I can to educate..luckily three of my neighbors have adopted from rescue and one chose a breeder.

Yes I agree with this, patience is one of the hardest things to learn. I even have to tell myself this when I think about the puppy mill situation; it just gets so frustrating, but we have to be careful in this area too, and make sure all laws we make are good ones. In the meantime, the average person can do something and that's to not support bad breeders.

Join today and remove this ad!