View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 09:50 AM   #42
livingdustmops
Princess Poop A Lot
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
Great point, too many people think that if it's an AKC dog, they are safe. The AKC has dropped many puppy mill kennels, and some of them are going to alternative registries that don't require any inspections, but the AKC still has plenty of puppy mill breeders. Unfortunately, the AKC cannot require higher standards than what state/federal law requires. We must remember that the AKC is primary a registry, and addresses bloodlines not kennel conditions, as long as they are within federal and state laws. I encourage everyone who supports an AKC breeder to register their dog with the AKC. Pet owners, not just breeders, should register, when more pet owners than breeders are registering their dogs, pet owners will have a much bigger say in AKC policy.
My point is that AKC endorses commercial breeding facilities for the income. I do not know and maybe you can provide to me where AKC has dropped puppy mill kennels? As long as AKC is involved with the Hunt Corporation they are part of the problem.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!