View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 08:27 AM   #1
cuculinda
Yorkie Yakker

Default Expert Advice needed-Urgent

Im not sure if im posting in the correct place but i am desperate.
My 21 days old puppies were dewormed yesterday by the vet. I dont know how necessary it was but i trust my vet and he says its rutine for our country (Dom. Rep). That occured at 3 pm yesterday afternoon. I arrived from work at 5pm and all three puppies looked great, full tummies. At around 9pm my biggest puppy was crying, disoriented, his hind legs seemed paralized and his jaw was shut tight. Also his head would turn to one side and also his eyes. I called my vet and we met at the clinic. He pressumed hypoglycemic attack and proceeded to inject the puppy i think with dextrose and amino acids. We stayed for about an hour and puppy showed slight progress. I was given esbilac to feed this puppy through out the night. At about 4am the girl puppy started to show the same symptoms, i gave her some nutri drops and called the vet. This morning vet visited my home and injected both hypoglicemic puppies and also injected some liquid in order to keep them from dehydrating. I have to make sure they eat.

I apologize for the long post and i hope i make sense. It is now 12:30pm and girl puppy has gotten succion back, the other puppy succioned for a while but slowly lost strengh. He does look better. Vet will home visit again this afternoon

can anyone tell me what they think happened and what i can do in order to save my puppies. Only one puppy is nursing normal at this point. I was so happy i made it to three weeks and now this. please help me
cuculinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!