View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 07:41 AM   #2
ajabj5
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Yorkies Preference

I got my yorkie when she was 12 weeks old. I held her got up with her of the mornings and we had our morning time alone together. But when my husband walked through the door it is as if I am invisible. I too take care of her, bathe her, feed her, give her kisses, bring her in toys, treats, etc., No matter what I do she preferred him.

I thought it may have something to do with the breeder, it was a man so I thought that may have something to do with it. My mom got a yorkie and the same thing, She preferred her husband over her. So I decided I would get a male and see if that would make the difference. Nope, he too when to my husband.

Now that they are older 3 years old. My female comes to me at night to sleep next to. This is when her daddy isn't looking. But my male or I should say his male stays right with him. I think it has to do with bonding. They just bond with some better than others.

When I am in the kitchen cooking I can't hold them and cook but he holds them and lets them watch. He is able to give them a different type of attention than I can because he isn't doing as much when we came in from work as I was. I had crates to clean, puppy pads to pick up, dinner, laundry, etc. I think it has more to do with that than anything. They are able to just sit and be while I have to keep getting up to do things.
ajabj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!