View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 01:30 PM   #8
ryorkies
No Longer a Member

I understand that admin and moderators have a very difficult task and usually do a very good job, but I would like to make reference to a thread that I had begun a few days ago regarding the same thread mentioned here and in my opinion should not have been closed. I found that thread to be obscene, sexually oriented, and offensive. I do not believe that I was being unreasonable nor was I confrontational and only asked that it be moved to a more private place. I was not disrespectful to Admin or our Moderators , nor do I believe that I deserve the bashing I received from some members of this community. My thread was not in bad taste, but only stated my opinion, yet it was never left open long enough for others who might feel the way I do to read and respond.
The person, or persons, responsible for heating the thread should have been held accountable not the OP ( me ) who began the thread.
Of course, the objectionable thread remains open and by the response that I have received since, I am not the only member who feels that it should have been closed, or moved somewhere private.

To say I am disappointed is putting it mildly. I was absolutely appalled at how I was treated and almost pulled my account, but during the hours that followed I was reminded that when I first joined I almost left immediately because of the lack of respect I had seen time and time again from some members, not aimed at me, but still not easy to watch. Oddly enough, at that time I then happened to come across a thread called Happy Tails to You, Moments of Pleasure to Treasure with Papi and Patti Cake. Here I found the loving, kind and compassionate members I had hoped to find. Through them, I was then introduced to others of the same kind and loving nature and they all remain in my life, and heart, to this day. I will be forever grateful to YT for this. I do realize that not everyone is going to be liked by everyone, but this is a matter of respect for other fellow members.

It is getting more and more difficult to allow my name to be associated with a forum that allows such objectionable, obscene material open and available for anyone to see. This is an open forum and my name is listed here and this makes what is printed here important to me.
I was told in my thread that if I did not like it I could always just pack my stuff and leave, but you know what? This is just as much my forum as theirs. I donate, I participate, and I have a right to voice my opinion.... as long as it is in a respectful manner, which I believe I have done. That is more than I can say about how I was treated in return.
I have followed all the rules and with pleasure and I only ask that others do the same.
Please review the rules. I have .

Yorkie Talk Rules and Regulations ( excerpt )

You agree that you will notuse the YorkieTalk Forums to post any advertisement or other commercial message except expressly allowed by YorkieTalk. You agree that you will not post any knowingly false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, harassing, obscene, sexually oriented, or threatening message or material that is illegally invasive of another person’s privacy.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!