View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 07:06 AM   #5
Patti
Donating YT 30K Club Member

I love my vets. I mainly use 2 on the practice.
Last year when my pom was fighting Cushing's, she also went into congestive heart failure. The vet had her on medicine's and that gave her another 6 months. One day my dtr called and said Maya was breathing really bad. I called my vet, they said bring her right in. I walked in, the vet was waiting for her and took her in back. They put her in an oxygen chamber and told me to leave her for 2 hours. I ran about 20 minutes away to pick up DH cars and turn in the loaner. While I was there, my vet called and said Maya had stopped breathing but they had got her breathing again. I told her I would be there in 20 minutes but to let her go if she were to stop breathing again as i didn't want her to suffer. When I got there they took me to the OP room where Maya was laying on a surgical table and my vet was holding an oxygen cone to her face and gently stroking her. I sat down and she said Maya had stopped breathing again but was trying to restart her self. But there was no response in her eyes. We sat there another 10 minutes and Maya was gone. My vet spent at least an hour with Maya.
With Cali, my vet researches anything she prescribes for her due to her MVD. She will not but her on anything until she checks the safety of it for her. Whenever Cali has blood work she comes in so excited and the last time said, I am tickeled pink her blood work is perfect.
When ever I take one of mine in the vet says I have to take her back and show her off to everyone. It just makes you feel like they really care about your babies.
The office staff are so wonderful too. They will usually get me in if we have an emergency.
When ever one of mine has surgery, my vet knows how worried I am and does mine first. She calls me herself as soon as they are out of surgery and then again when they are more fully awake.
I have used then for 20 years and love them.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!