View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 03:52 PM   #8
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcgriff88 View Post
It is sad that they have not found the genetic markers yet, that would make it much less stressful for breeders out there.
I did not know it was not necessary to do pre and post now, thank you for that. I will remember that for the future.
I do not know any of the information about the puppy that has the liver shunt. I had tried to keep in touch with the owner of the pup since she got the pup, but did not hear a response from her until the issues with the liver shunt. The owner could not give me any answers to the questions I had and the vet will not talk to me. I believe the procedure has been done already but I have no way to contact the owner of the pup other than through the person who bought the pup for her. Neither of them will give me a contact number. So I am kind of stuck right now.
Darn....if they don't keep in contact with you, how can you help.

Go to the YTCA.org website. Dr. Center explains the new protocol and the importance of how the blood is drawn. If done incorrectly, it can affect the levels. She also states that she is available to vets for assistance.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!