View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 11:13 AM   #11
mileydog
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Kobe View Post
This is a good point and I never really thought about it. I just recently started taking better care of myself, but the minute I pick up dog food... I'm reading the ingredients. I have to admit that i don't pay anywhere near as much attention to what my kids eat.
Yes thats the point...We take the effort to read spreadsheets that analyze ingredients, develop home cooked organic meals for our pups, etc...but when it comes to Skinkids we simply buy Dorritos, Snickers, Ice Cream sandwiches, Pop Tarts, Powdered Donuts...etc

People say they are too busy with baseball practice and homework so they just settle for a meal at McDonalds...that IMO is a lame excuse...yes we are all busy with homework and practice..i agree with that. But I don't see you analyzing the French Fries at McDonalds and stating that the primary ingredients used a fast food joints are far inferior to products made at home. You simply just take your kids there.

For the same amount of time, one could easily buy products at Whole Foods or Trader Joes that sell organic heathier snacks that are comparable to Dorritos or other unhealthy snack items.

My point is that we spend so much effort to keep our pets healthy but sometimes forget that we ourselves need to focus on our human health as well. I am not saying to never eat birthday cake or the occasional ice cream sundae...we do give our dogs treats too, remember..but we also feed dog treats in moderation. I am just saying to spend some time to realize that our diet is just as important as our furbabies.
mileydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!