View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 08:10 AM   #9
misslissa
YT 1000 Club Member

I have had terrible experiences with vets two different vets told me that gatsby had a food allergy to the home-cooked food i was feeding him when in fact it was a fungus or living on his skin if i had not come on yorkietalk it would have gotton worse and i think he ears would have gotten so bad the would have started to crack and flake off.
I had one vet tell me that he was hypoglycemic when in fact he was anemic the vet refused to do a cell count because she said it was unnessecary this misdiagnoses nearly killed him and still to this day he has trouble with anemia because as a puppy it got so bad. even now when i have a great vet who i love and trust there can be break downs in communication i recently started adding kibble to Gatsbys diet to help him keep his iron up and through speaking with a yorkie talk member and my vet we wear able to find the problem with his food and fix it before he got sick.
yes i agree you maybe should not tell someone thear vet is wrong but please do not hesitate to respectfully give your opinion
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!