View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 07:52 AM   #5
AllDogBoots
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post

With that said, I will highly disagree with vets on food. I often see so many pet owners get talked into buying Science Diet or Pedigree because it's what the vet said is the best. IMO, it's simply not the case and I will never suggest to feed the foods that most vets do and I do believe they are wrong on that issue. I've been lucky to never have a vet push their food on me, but it happens all the time. Vets get very little schooling on pet nutrition and honestly don't always know what's best, they are just selling what they've learned. SD also endorses and sponsors vet schools, I believe, so of course they are going to sell it.

Here I found out that a harness is best for small dogs and toy breeds for example.
I also learned about a harness here at YT, as my vet never said anything. My vet has pushed Science Diet on me and I think I've read enough to know what to or what not to feed my dog. I appreciate your take on the whole dog food issue. While you are offering your opinion, you never once said "no, you can't feed Cooper Science Diet". And, that's my whole point.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!