View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 07:50 AM   #6
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

I would never feed it personally. For one, they are run by Proctor&Gamble (who also makes IAMS, and unfortunately just bought over a good company [Innova]) P&G has been known to do animal testing which is just terrible and reason enough for me not to feed it.

I particularly like this website, Dog Food Reviews | Dog Food Ratings because it explains why each ingredient is good, or each ingredient is bad.

The Dog Food Project - How does your Dog Food Brand compare? is good too. They have different links regarding myths about high protein, how to read dog food labels, etc.

Of course I will always recommend people go to Dog Food Analysis - Reviews of kibble as well.

I prefer higher protein, lower carbohydrate, grain-free, meat heavy based foods such as Acana, Orijen, Go! and Now! Naturals, Blue Buffalo, Wellness Core, Taste of the Wild, etc. But it's all a matter of trial and error and seeing what works for your dog best. Every dog is different and their systems can and cannot tolerate certain things.

It took us a long time to be totally satisfied and we found Acana grainfree. I'm hoping we found a winner and it seems to be working for Jackson really well. Of course I am *always* looking to rotate foods and add a new kibble into our rotation, etc. So the research never stops, haha. I bought a 1lb sample bag of Go! Endurance and Jackson really seemed to like it so we may add that into our rotation as well.

Last edited by Britster; 06-24-2010 at 07:53 AM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!