View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 06:43 AM   #6
Dzbabykel
Donating YT 500 Club Member

First of all congrats on your new little furbaby!! I can't wait to see your pictures!!

I'm pretty new to taking care of a yorkie puppy as well, I got mine a little under 3 weeks ago but so far this site has helped tremendously and Oliver is doing so well! I bought teeth cleaning supplies at Petsmart (they're little pads you put on your finger and you can rub some of the paste on it and brush inside their mouths). My vet told me to get in the habit of doing it weekly and its not bad to do it 3 or 4 times a week. She said even thought their baby teeth will fall out, it still gets them used to the process and is good prevention for their adult teeth.

As for crate training, my little guy sleeps in my room with me. He's so tiny that I don't let him sleep all night in the bed as he's not quite fully potty trained and he may get hurt if he were to fall off the bed (but when he's older he will sleep with me!) I'm probably not the best parent haha has I sleep with the cage right next to me on the nightstand since he cries if he's away from me. I just can't bear to hear him cry and I enjoy waking up to him

Best of luck with your little one!! Can't wait to hear updates!!
Dzbabykel is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!