Thread: new vet?
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 10:08 PM   #1
nadalia
No Longer a Member

Default new vet?

I have just taken my yorkie to a new vet and it isn't easy getting use to someone new I have moved

my old vet interacted with loving play with my yorkie making the exam go much smoother as he explains thing to me.

But today I saw nothing of this happening with this new vet instead he
picked up my yorkie and said I will be back as he went out the back door
to another examing room

He said I got to do the heart worm test, not explaining to me what that meant, me thinking it must be a blood test threw her
paw,vein. The vet was gone for quite awhile I got a bit nervous cuz it was a new office so I got up and went to the back door and opened it and a girl said oh they are trimming her nails,as I had requested

so I sat back down, and waited ahwile longer, later the vet came back in the exam room where I was waiting he had my yorkie in his arms & my yorkie was very quiet still like, not like her, she is usually all friendly especially to new people, she seems not to like this new vet as she did her old vet, the vet put her on the exam table and my yorkie immediately came to be and sat real close to me not budging, again not like my yorkie usually she is excited to see someone new around, but she was not interested in this new vet at all, the old vet she was all over him, this new vet just seems not to even like little dogs. He seems not to have any interaction with dogs persae as my last vet
I guess I shouldnt compare but I do like my vet so show loving care like petting and talking to my dog but this vet didnt even do that.

this vet kept saying your dog keeps wiggling when they tried to do the heart worm test, he kept saying this, not explaining any of this to me what that meant. paw vein? I had no idea what me meant

I wish they had gotten me to hold my own dog

of course my dog wiggles she doesnt like neddles!

later that evening when I got home I thought my yorkie had mud on her neck I almost tried to get it off of her neck luckily I put her neck under the light and I noticed it was a scab! the vet had used her neck to draw blood instead of her paw! that is why he said she kept saying she was wigglingly he did a juglar on my yorkie without telling me! without giving me any postop care

I got a horrible feeling like it was like an animal barn there at that vets after i had realized what happen to me and my baby yorkie I cried all nite.... I feel horrible I let my baby out my sight!
I wish I never trusted the staff to let them take my baby out of my sight as they should of told me what they did to her

I feel they could of done the blood draw through her paw the proper way
If they had asked me to hold her down...I just feel betrayed and not being told what they did it just feel so cruel and uncaring...am I wrong?

I am not use to a vet drawing my yorkies blood in a differant room away from me nor am I use to a vet drawing it from the jugular vein without my permission nor am I not use to any post op care given to me after this is done

also this vet after he came back into the room told me my yorkie might have patella subluxation I said she shows no signs of it

I feel this vet should of told me before going to my yorkies jugular for a blood draw and they could of drawn her blood in front of me! not in another room

my old vet wouldn't have done a jugular withdrawl but if he felt he had to he definetely would tell me before and he would given me post op care for afterwards like cold compress care and instruction on dont remove the scab
and be careful of this area

any comments?

my yorkie is my baby

any comments?
nadalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!