Thread: eye buggers
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 09:42 PM   #14
ellabee
Senior Yorkie Talker

my oldest is a doll-faced yorkie (smooshy muzzle, I know there is really no such thing but thats how people describe it) which I think means, she has underdeveloped tear ducts. the only thing that works for us is a cotton ball and warm water every evening and then a comb to brush the goopies out.

she is also my pup with PLE, so diet is very, very important and I have researched lots and finally settled on dick van patten's food, specifically the fish & sweet potato and the venison and sweet potato because she needs very low fat content. I had her on buffalo with pureed veggies but the vet didn't like the home made meals due to not being certain what her fat intake was - I abandoned the hill's prescription diet due to byproducts, poor reviews and opinions people on this forum have shared.

I don't change up the food of my two littler pups - they are on the chicken Go Natural and its an all-life-stages food. Our breeder recommends against changing the type of food they are on.

Here is a link I found that I liked when I was researching a change in diet for Billie: Dog Food Comparison Chart - Dog Food Ratings of Premium Dog Food and Supermarket
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!