View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 08:02 AM   #10
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper2010 View Post
My issue with the breeder has been resolved. After being reassured by the veterinarian that they are indeed conscientious breeders I feel that my statement above should be retracted.

I wish to do them no harm. My message can't be deleted as I requested. They were unaware of the changes in the wording of the law and after reading it they promptly refunded the purchase price.
The law should have nothing to do with operating in a reputable manner. It has to do with ethics. The California Lemon law is geared to high volume breeders, but it should keep other breeders on their toes too. There are so many things know about the responsibility of being a breeder.

Since they met you at the vets, it leads me to believe these people are Puppy Mills. There is a possibility that the vet has a vested interest in their relationship with said breeder.

Although, your issue has been resolved, the unsuspecting public should be aware of situations such as this. We as a forum need to continue educating them and make them aware of all avenues that are available to them.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!