View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 06:35 AM   #1
KodysMom
Yorkie Yakker

Question New Question - update as of this morning

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your messages last night about my other post (http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=24120)... I ordered Innova and Wellness online and will try to start incorporating them in with his diet.

Poor little guy woke up this morning and was acting very strange - he is usually happy in the morning, wants to sniff and lick and play... but this morning he was just ready to go back to sleep. I was laying with him and could hear the acid in his stomach just churning away... He would NOT eat any of his food. It was a couple of hours earlier than his breakfast time but I was trying to get some food in there to settle his tummy. After a couple of hours of trying to coax him into eating/drinking - my husband suggested we try to play with him a little to get him to eat/drink. He was trying to play but he he was also trying to throw up (kind of dry heaving) but there was nothing there. He was also kind of stumbling around at this point and acting very clingy with us (not normal). I was concerned and didn't have any Nutri-cal or Pumpkin (as previously suggested)... so I gave him some of the vitamins the vet gave us (a half a dose) and then grabbed a sample bag of Science Diet Puppy food that someone gave us. He gobbled them down. He wouldn't touch the old (Eukanuba Lamb and Rice Puppy) - even though I tried and tried... So, now he has a new food introduced into his stomach issues and has had lots of water. Do you guys think I did the right thing trying to get him to eat SOMETHING (new food) rather than nothing? I just thought it would be best to try to settle his stomach with food rather than letting him be miserable. What can I do if it bothers his stomach even more?

Another question - in terms of slow incorporation of new food... Is this really possible? When I brought him home, he picked out my new food out of the breeders kibbles (and refused to eat the old). Now, he is gobbling down the new and won't touch the old? He didn't have any issues with the first switch but because of the pre-existing tummy issues we have been having the last couple of days...I am worried this switch could be bad. And for the future when I get my Innova and Wellness - should I alternate if he gets bored, use whichever he likes if he won't go for a gradual change?

Thanks - all advice appreciated.
KodysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!