View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 06:33 PM   #15
k Owensk9
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default hornets nest !!!

Well looks like every one is wading in on me ! That's fine ! One person asked a very good question---I answered from my knowledge of breeding for may years and having a very good relationship with my Vet. He taught me many things--and one thing he taught me was how to save money where possible. Wormers these days are very safe and I disagree with most of you--I think dogs get worms often--if allowed to run outside and play in the dirt/yard. Of course most of your dogs may never see the dirt or grass so may be they don't get worms. I do not regularly worm 2 or 3 day old pups--but I have wormed them and NEVER lost a pup from wormers---Years ago my brother brought me a female beagle she was PG and due soon--her pups were born so wormy I thought I'd never get them cleaned up--I wormed them several time--pups - mom and all. Not one pup was lost and they passed worms by the pile ! (needles to say my brother and I don't see eye to eye.) So I totally disagree--puppies do get worms ! And puppies can die from worms---so my thoughts are "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" Once a puppy is infested with worms --hook worms are the worst---they can die from harsh wormers. I know I wont change your minds and I don't care ! And you wont change mine ! It's also been years since I had a puppy or adult dog with a positive worm slide---but I feel it's because I stay on top of keeping the kids wormed . END OF MY STORY .
k Owensk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!