View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 05:55 PM   #7
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Wow, so glad nothing happened! It can be scary for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnzeppi View Post
Scary! Labs are usually not an issue, friendly to a fault, but the big doofus could still end up being too rough and not realizing it. If the same situation happened with a German Sheppard or worse a pit bull, then you REALLY would have reason to be afraid, even if you picked up your little one.

When we walk by fenced big aggressive dogs, I always pick my guys up and yell, NO to the big dogs, thinking they might listen. Don't know if they would listen, but picking up your Yorkies is a great idea IMO. My little male is way too aggressive with big dogs, like you said, trying to protect us I guess.
I've actually run across more aggressive Labs (and yorkies!) than German Shepherds or Pit Bulls combined, so it's really not fair to base a decision on the breed. I see more well behaved GSD's than anything. We've been charged by 2 Labs in my dads neighborhood and Jackson was bit by one. Yet my aunt's Pit will just ignore any dog that barks at him, walk right by them, and be friendly and so nice with Jackson. I just wish ALL people would train their dogs--all breeds! Yorkies don't have an excuse to be barking at other dogs on walks just as GSD's don't and should both be corrected. Oh and I wish people would just put their dogs on a darn leash!!!

Last edited by Britster; 06-21-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!