View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 11:26 AM   #9
k Owensk9
Senior Yorkie Talker

Question touchy !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieRose View Post
I have heard vets say.."All puppies have worms"..this is just not true. If I had all my vet records for 36 yrs I could prove I have never any pups come up positive for regular worms. They have had tapes, but not in about 15 yrs.
I never worm a dog/pup without a stool check..why run a toxin through the system if there is nothing to kill..

When I give advise I try my best not to tell anyone to do anything that can cause harm..even if it is remote...worming a pup at 2 to 3 days is dangerous IMO. I had a stud client allow the vet to worm her litter at 10 says...pups were all dead by evening. Vet said he was surprised, never happened with other breeds.

k Owensk9..this is JMO, but I think it best we tell this breeder to get a stoool check and go from there...
If you have lots of money --sure go to a Vet---I don't so I worm them--better safe than sorry ! That's what I do so do what ever ya want !! The person asked about worming--I told them what I do---do as ya please !! I DO ! I just wonder why everyone just on me about every word !!?? I've raised dogs for 28 years--I know what I'm doing. I dodn't tell you to worm your dogs--I just answered a simple question--I worm all my dogs regularly--I live in the south dogs get worms !
k Owensk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!