View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 11:06 AM   #3
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genie1083 View Post
Hello. I completly understand what your going through. I myself own a male that we are trying to get proven. (well, when he shows that he's ready..) but we tried with a female that was her first time as well and that didn't go over too well. we tried for 3 day's straight, gave him a day off and then did it 1 more time and he was trying so hard that he'd fall off everytime! he's only 2.13lbs and 10months old. he's still young so i'm really just wanting to wait till he's a good year old so at least then he'll maybe have a better handle on it. lol. but ya, he knows exactly what to do when the females there it's just that he's so tiny it hardly even gets to touch the girl. but we will keep trying and trying again. lol. One thing that started to work (until he got tired of trying) was when i'd put a book or something down for him to stand on and have her back up to him. ALWAYS hold the female! so she doesn't take off around the room with your boy and break him! good luck and i truely hope my boy comes around someday too....

Gina & Bailey, Paisley, and Romeo
Placing a book to get him at the right heighth is a great method, but you may want to add a towel, something to give him traction. Also, someone assisting him and guiding him to hit the mark and hold him in place, until the female's muscles hold him in place. Also, lubricating the female with KY jelly helps him enter her easier. Once the mark had been hold and a tie has been accomplished, gently help him turn around. Continue to hold the girl and the male. Congratulating the male and softly speaking to the girl.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!