View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 02:45 PM   #6
manolos mom
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiatbh View Post
I already made a thread about this, but now I am really worried....

Yoni bites and he bites hard. He is only 11 weeks old and I want to get this under control before it's too late. When we first got him, he was the sweetest little guy I've ever met! He is still like that when he's tired, but when he's hyper.... well, we can't even really enjoy him. The biting has gone from "awww, his teeth are so small" to "OUCH!" And sometimes he seems genuinely aggressive when he bites. He gets this angry face and you can hear his jaws snapping together. This is my first time ever owning a puppy, so I'm not sure how much they're supposed to bite and I can't really tell aggressive biting from play biting, but I do know that he just won't learn. Yelping makes him bite more. I try ignoring him or even leaving the room, but he doesn't seem phased by it. I just want to be able to enjoy him, but right now it is very difficult.
11 weeks, he should still be with his mom. Too Young. How old was he when you got him? Your breeder should not have allowed him to leave his mom until 12 weeks. Their moms teach them so much. You need to realize this baby is probably teething. Buy him some chew toys. Mine love this cheap toy called DURO PLAY from Hartz. I think it cost $1.99. This toy is very durable and mine love to chew on it. Good luck with your baby.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!