View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 12:17 PM   #2
Leesha
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by saunakay10167 View Post
My yorkie just had puppies 10 days ago. I am afraid her milk might be drying up. Can some one please tell me how I will know if it has. WHen they suck, they are sucking really hard and pulling on the nipple. THis is her first litter, and I'm not sure how they do. SHe is very much a momma's girl and she follows me every where. She isnt spend alot of time with them like she was.
I'm not sure as to why no one has helped you yet. Sounds like your baby is like my girl. She only eats when I sit there and feed her. I still give her attention like when she was pregnant.

I also feed her the whelping pudding that is posted at the top of this section. She will only eat soft foods for now so I try to give her what she likes till she starts eating normal again.

They are much like us when we have children. We also need extra food consumption to increase our milk supply when nursing. It is the same for our yorkies.

Make sure to spend time with her while she is with the pups and bring her back to them if she has left them for long periods. My momma leaves for 1min then rushes back to make sure they aren't crying.

Good luck.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!