View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 06:33 AM   #2
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

I have a picky one too. I've found a few foods he seemed to REALLY love but then he gets tired of them quickly. So I rotate now. The very first food we tried that he seemed to really love (after many he didn't care for) was Nature's Variety Instinct, they come in 3 flavors so whenever a bag was completed, we'd buy the other flavor, etc. Currently, he's eating Acana Grasslands and we also just began to feed Go! Endurance (both grain-free) and he seems to enjoy eating both. I give him a little bit of wet food mixed in to entice him to eat and he seems to enjoy breakfast & dinner so much more so I really don't mind doing it. Or, he will get plain chicken breast sometimes. He gets fed in the morning and evening.

If you don't wanna mix anything in, the best thing to do is just set it down in the morning for 15-20 mins and if he doesn't eat, just pick it up and he doesn't get anything until the evening. Do the same thing at dinner-leave it down for an hour or so and if he doesn't eat, he will soon learn he better eat when the food is put down. These dogs have us wrapped around their little paw! Most dogs will not starve themselves and can actually go without food for days so eventually they will cave in and just eat.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!