View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 08:26 AM   #7
tammy8833
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post
A modified silk coat is when you have a combination of both within the body of the coat. Faster growing. What you have in your pup is very normal in a soft coated dog. Head is silkly (but more on the tan side with little variation in the gold).

I don't know how old your pup is. But, if still a pup the matting closer to the roots is very normal when a pup is transitioning from puppy coat to adult coat. A pain in the you know what, but very normal.
yes i was assuming the transition was the cause of matting and so forth and yes what a pain in the hiney!! she is 14 weeks old

so teddy would be a cottony then..but his coloring is mainly black with a pale gold on his legs and paws with some silvering at the top where it changed from black to gold and in his top knot which has silver throughout and his face is a richcher gold or maybe the tan..i have a pic of him with a short short hair cut on my profile but you can see his colors..the silky half..lol lays flat and smooth the other half is thicker and slightly wavy..we are growing his pretty coat back out

i cant wait to see how the baby looks when she is done changing colors..that is my favorite part

i might take some pics and post
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!