View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 06:19 AM   #13
yavenay
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Thanks everyone. I wish you could see how shiny her coat is! We have always rescued or taken in dogs that others didn't want. I was surprised at Gracie's condition when we got her (sight unseen)! I had actually bought Adie and Skeeter from her breeder and they turned out pretty good. It was just a shock to me because I thought the breeder was a good one. So I confess to buying dogs from a byb. Gracie had Adie when she was only 11 months old (accidental breeding) and Skeeter two years later. I think there was a litter that didn't make it in between. Gracie never should have been bred and never had more than one puppy survive.

I give a lot of credit to Ann (Wiley'smom) and Jodi (Meagan'smom) for helping me with advice on fleas, allergies, bad breath and safe weight gain. The flea problem was severe. She had pulled her own hair out everywhere she could reach. She is not only allergic to flea saliva she also starts coughing in the Spring (and Skeeter starts with reverse sneezes) so they go on allergy pills along with me till the first freeze.

Anyway Gracie is a neat little dog and Daddy is the apple of her eye (and visa versa. She still quivers when he enters the room and can't wait to get to his lap. BUT she sleeps cuddled up to me! Go figure.

I'll be adding a bunch of photos to my albums so be sure to check back!

Thanks again everyone!

You did a great job with Gracie. My Brandi was rescued from a byb. She was used for breeding just like your Gracie. The neglect was horrible for Brandi. She had fleas, worms, had to have 25 teeth pulled, all her hair cutoff and needed to be spayed. She still has ongoing health issues but they have been minor. Overall she is very healthy and happy.

I made a promise (as I am sure you have) to Brandi, that as long as I am alive and taking care of her she will live a healthy and happy life. She will never suffer or go without love. It's amazing what love can do. The transformation from being shy and submissive to being a confident yorkie with a diva attitude is fantastic.
yavenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!