View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 06:49 PM   #1
Matthias
Currently Suspended!

Question Opinion Please: Bible & Drinking Too Much

I would like your opinion on something. I would appreciate your replies to a minimum, as no to complicate the post, and to keep it on track...

I have a friend who drinks way more than anyone I know in my life. Matter-o-fact, I'm familiar with alcoholism because many friends and family I know died due to alcohol related medical conditions.

My friend had a sick way of twisting the Bible's quotes and meanings to fit his lifestyle. Whenever there is a sentence or verse that conflicts with his lifestyle, he'll find a way to make it sound like it doesn't reply to him or say it in a way that means something entirely different than it's meaning.

Please keep in mind this usually ONLY happens when it is a verse that conflicts with his drinking.

I CORINTHIANS 6:9-11 pretty much states that a drunkard shall not enter the Kingdom of God... or another way... they will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

I guess there are several verses about wine and strong drink, etc, things that are not so positive about drinking. Regardless, would like to keep this very simple and short...

Do you think if a person spent too much time in their life engaging in drunkenness, like what the Bible mentions, that they will receive everlasting life?... or inherit the Kingdom of God?

If it's possible, a Yes or No will suffice, but I know it's not that simple, so please reply as you feel necessary... keeping it short please.

Thanks,

Matthias
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!