View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 04:09 PM   #44
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJxDanielle View Post
Thats true, but wouldn't you rather have a breeder that atleast did all the health test and took precautions rather than a breeder that doesn't do anything at all (like the person I was quoting in that post).
Absolutely. However, there are breeders and breed websites that list a multitude of tests they say are performed, even tests that aren't pertinent to the breed. Giving the public a false sense of security.

My statement is only expanding and giving an insight to breeding. As in Liver Shunt, it can lay dormant for 9 generations, dogs testing clear of the disease. Then bam, the right or wrong two dogs (having been bile acid tested, and all the right tests performed) being bred and a shunt pup is produced. Breeding is a crap shoot, a scarey one. But, a responsible breeder, even though having the necessary tests performed, is one that will stand by their breeding. An unscrupulous breeder may still test, but should some ugly disease rear it's ugly head, will tell the puppy buyer, well I tested and it's never happened, so I'm not taking responsibility.

In other words a contract is only as good as the two people signing it.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!